Irish Teachers in the Middle East
SURVEY FOR IRISH TEACHERS IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Teaching in the middle/far East gives you a different life experience, and the opportunity to earn more money than you can at home, so it’s worth considering. If however your ultimate aim is to get home to teach in Ireland, then you need a plan to maximise your chances of getting a teaching job in Ireland.
We would like to get a feel for the hopes and aspirations of Irish Teachers in this region, so if you could take a minute of your time to fill out this survey, with this we can offer you effective solutions. Thank you.
Teaching internationally is a great opportunity to broaden your horizons but often teaching experience does not count towards your QTS requirement, so if anything takes you further away from a job in Ireland.
Teaching in the UK can ultimately be more beneficial to your career since hours taught in the UK will help you meet your QTS requirements. When you’re ready to come back, return via England with Uteach.
WE WILL :
● Find you a great job, in a great school, in an area you want. We can often place friends together.
● Train you on the UK curriculum so you understand the differences in methodology from where you have came from.
● Give you every lesson you will teach, including homework exercises, to significantly reduce your workload. Spend more time teaching and living than preparing – a common issue with teachers coming to the UK.
● A Return Path to Ireland, including lesson resources, to allow you to stand out when interviewing for a job in Ireland.
● With frequent flights to Ireland available at low prices, you can book well in advance and visit home as often as you like.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
● Matching you with a quality school in the UK.
● Interview preparation from qualified teachers to help you be successful at interviews with English schools.
● Free transitional training on the English curriculum – you will have access to our E- Learning Management System.
● Free top quality and up to date lessons for full academic year
● A dedicated subject specific mentor, lesson and teaching materials to support you in your first year and help save you a huge amount of planning time.
● Assistance with finding suitable accommodation near your English school.
● Ongoing training and support throughout the academic year.
● Once you have gained UK experience, we will enrol you in our Return Path Programme, where we will work with you to target key areas of development and give you the best opportunity to secure a teaching position in Ireland when you return.
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
Return to Ireland with a bank of high quality Ofsted approved Lesson Plans:
● As part of our programme to help teachers succeed in England, Uteach has a bank of Ofsted approved first class lesson plan structures and educational resources that Uteachers can access.
● With the Irish curriculum moving ever closer to the English curriculum, these resources are becoming more and more valuable to teachers in Ireland
● Uteach will enable you to walk into an interview in Ireland, with access to this bank of information. This will enable you to hit the ground running in the school, teaching excellent relevant lessons from day one
● This will be seen by the school as a huge advantage, and put you in a very advantageous position to win the vacancy at your Irish school
Subject Specific training from subject specialists:
- New junior Cert implications
- Key subject projects
- Outline schemes of work
- Key learning from recent inspections
- Technology and your subject
- Key teaching methods
Leaving Cert and Junior Cert key learning outcomes for your subject by subject and exam specialists:
- Review of most recent state exam papers
- Review of recent chief examiners’ reports
- Key trends in recent years
- Project best practice
New Junior Cert programme – an overview and key objectives:
- Learning outcomes and timelines
- Key projects
- Assessment models
- Exam overview
Online modules and Diploma in Special Education in collaboration with one of Ireland’s top universities:
- Student profiling
- Assessment practices
- Key strategies for students with GLD and SLD
- Understanding the key areas of difficulty
- Effective technologies in SEN
Interview and CV best practice tips from leading Irish principals:
- Your personal profile
- How the marks are allocated
- How to ensure you have best chance of being shortlisted for interview
- The five sections of the interview and how to maximise your chances.
Assessment Only Route (AOR)
“If you’re an experienced teacher with a degree, you can achieve qualified teacher status (QTS) without having to do any further training. Assessment Only allows you to demonstrate that you already meet all of the standards f0r QTS” : Source – GOV.UK
UTEACH will help you gain your QTS through our AOR programme in your first year in the UK and we will support you FINANCIALLY!
1.Teachers must have at least 2 years teaching experience – they must have a portfolio of evidence of teaching and assessments.
2. Teaching observed by current school must be judged at either “good” or “outstanding”.
3. Satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure and medical checks undertaken by the school.
4. All entrants for teaching at secondary level have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examinations in English and Mathematics.
5. All entrants who intend to train at primary level have achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C in the GCSE examinations in English and Mathematics and a Science subject.
6. All candidates, as part of the provider’s selection procedures, have taken part in a rigorous selection process designed to assess their:
a) suitability to teach
b) ability to demonstrate meeting all the standards for QTS without the need for any further training.
7. All candidates have passed the professional skills tests prior to entry. They are allowed three attempts to pass this.
8. All candidates have taught in at least two schools, early years and/or further education settings.
Assessment Only Route (AOR) Testimonials
Congratulations to Sarah Burbage for securing a teaching position in Hertfordshire through our AOR programme.“Uteach helped me the most by always putting my best interests first, they were patient and understanding of my requests and needs. I sought a teaching position in order to complete the Assessment Only Route (AOR) through one of their schools and they fully supported me by placing me in a school that I could complete it.” Read more…
Congratulations to Geraldine Galligan in securing a full-time teaching position in London through our AOR Programme.
“I’ve been really impressed with the service that Uteach provides. They make things easier for the move to London; providing documentation, help with accommodation and information webinars for the year ahead. To be honest I couldn’t have done it without them.” Read more…